Control isn’t always “bad” and freedom isn’t always “good”. Healthy planning and organization are beneficial but can bleed into the area of wanting to control those around us. Freedom to think, believe, and speak our minds is a beautiful thing… until our personal freedoms hinder and shame another person’s views. Explore the topic of Control vs. Freedom and find out how to live the best of both worlds.
1. the quality or state of being considerate or thoughtful
2. do honor or credit to someone or something by one’s presence
3. courteous goodwill or a willingness to be fair and honest
Questions to Think About:
1) Is there an area in your life that you tend to hold on tightly to and need control? Is this healthy management or an unrealistic expectation?
2) Is there someone in your world that you feel is controlling? Perhaps an employer or spouse? What conversation should you have to create healthy boundaries?