This statement is designed to inform our site visitors (“you,” “your”) of Heather Penny’s (“Heather,” “we,” “us,” and/or “our”) policy on our tools, what data we collect and why we collect it.
Our tools, what personal data we collect, and why we collect it
When you interact with us through the site or other services, we may collect Personal Information and additional information from you, as further described below:
- Personal Information You Provide: We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries or subscribe to our digital content on the website. Therefore, the information requested and collected from you may vary.
- Non-Identifiable Data:When you interact with our website, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to identify you unless it is combined with Personal Information specifically.
Newsletter Opt-In Form: We utilize Bloom and MailChimp to collect your First Name, Last Name, Email address, and IP Address when subscribing to our Newsletter. This tool allows us to send the opt-ed in information to our email provider easily.
Forms: We utilize the built-in DIVI form builder. Data collected through the forms include, but are not limited to, First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Interest Topics for Reaching out, and personal messages (which may include additional personal information if the user submits).
Social Media: We utilize social media to stay up to date and post helpful information and resources. If you have any questions about the Privacy Policies for the various social media platforms which we use, you can find them here:
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting/advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Controlling your cookies: In addition, you can generally inform the web services with which our services integrate (such as social buttons, widgets, and other embedded features or content) that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits to be collected. Enabling “Do Not Track” in your web browser settings is an easy way to accomplish this. The “Do Not Track” recent versions of major browsers support browser settings.
You can also change the way your browser handles cookies. For example, already existing cookies can be deleted. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to note that some services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can also manage many company’s cookies used for online advertising via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page. You can learn more about cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices.
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information.
Access to Information; Contacting Heather Penny
To keep your Personal Information secure and accurate, we provide various ways you may update your contact information:
- Filling out a contact form
- Updating your preferences through MailChimp
- You may also “opt-out” or unsubscribe from an email list